Screenshots & Videos
UEM Agent Windows (Release Candidate)
The Matrix42 UEM Agent Windows is the next level of the well known Empirum Advanced Agent. The focus for this software management agent is to get the best possible user experience. The end user will get a fresh and clean user interface, better options to define when software updates and rollouts should be performed so that software management does not distract or reduce productivity.
The Release Candidate of the UEM Agent Windows can be used by customers to validate the concepts and provide feedback. We plan to release the first officially supported version soon.
The mature and robust Advanced Agent will stay as a parallel Agent and will be supported as long as it is required to make the UEM Agent the better Agent with all required features. Our goal is that customers switch because of the new and great features by them self as soon as possible.
Survey on the new features.
Highlights compared to the Empirum Advanced Agent 17.0
- Completely redesigned graphical interface
- Display of all icons in the kiosk and move dialog
- Less user impact during the installation of software packages due to global silent level
- Much improved functions for postponed installations
- Postponements are now based on days instead of the polling interval.
- Postpone to a specific date (requires Empirum 17.0.2)
- Postpone for a given time independent of the set polling interval
- Postpone to Shutdown
- Software management tasks are combined to reduce the number of faults to a minimum. If several packages are assigned, the user is shown the smallest number of postponements. If no postponements remains, all currently activated tasks are executed.
- Customized directories
- All UEM Agent components are now located under %Program files%/Matrix42
- All logs are now located under %ProgramData%/Matrix42/Logs
Please read the documentation for more details
- AskUninstallOld=1 has an issue when an error occurs during uninstallation with the global silent level /S4. Workaround: set the global silent level with a package to /S0 or /S2. This will be fixed with a new setup.exe version in Empirum 18.0.2.
- One customer reports that the modern UI shows an error 401.
- One customer reports that the information „bad_module_info“ appears at the user desktop (Windows 7) or in the Event Log (Windows 10)
- One customer reports that after installing a package with SETREBOOT=1 on some computers the user does not get the reboot warning and the machine reboots.
- The UEM Agent Windows is provided as an exported Empirum Package. Import in the EMC->Software Management->Depot; right click in the Packages Tab-> Import/Export->Import Packages..
- The installation or deployment of the Agent is described in the manual
Release Candidate Controlled Rollout
Matrix42 will again perform a controlled roll-out with selected customers prior to the general release. A controlled rollout is the update or reinstall of your productive used environment. We provide you with the update and support if necessary to update your productive Empirum environment. What am I supposed to do to participate in the controlled roll-out? If you are interested in updating your current Empirum environment, please send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Depending on your availability and the overall registration for the controlled roll-out, we will decide who is going to participate and contact you.
THE RELEASE CANDIDATE IS IS NOT OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED AND ONLY APPROVED FOR TEST ENVIRONMENTS. IT IS ONLY SUPPORTED OR ALLOWED TO USE THE RELEASE CANDIDATE IN PRODUCTIVE ENVIRONMENTS FOR CUSTOMERS PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTROLLED ROLLOUT PROGRAMM.
PLEASE REPORT ALL PROBLEMS AND CHALLENGES DIRECTLY TO BETA_IM@MATRIX42.COM.
- Matrix42 Empirum 17.0.2 or newer
The pre-release documentation for this release can be found here:
- The documentation is located in the help folder within the UEM Agent Windows package folder
- EmpirumConfiguratorPackagesmatrix42UEM Agent Windowsxxxx.0Help