UEM Agent Windows (Technical Preview)
The Matrix42 UEM Agent Windows is the next level of the well known Empirum Advanced Agent. The focus for this software management agent is to get the best possible user experience. The end user will get a fresh and clean user interface, better options to define when software updates and rollouts should be performed so that software management does not distract or reduce productivity.
Matrix42 will provide several Technical Previews of the UEM Agent Windows to validate the concepts and get early feedback. The mature and robust Advanced Agent will stay as a parallel Agent and will be supported as long as it is required to make the UEM Agent the better Agent with all required features. Our goal is that customers switch because of the new and great features by them self as soon as possible.
Survey on the new features.
Current changes compared to the Empirum Advanced Agent
- 26.4.2018 Releaae 1804 (also part of Empirum 18.0)
- New Install at Shutdown feature
- Optimized perfomance
- 2018-02.09 Release 1802
- Automatic postponement: After expiration of the period of time until automatic shifting, the next postponement date (approx. 30 minutes) is always used instead of the next agent polling. This is consistent with the behavior during manual postponement.
- If the icon files are changed, they will be displayed updated after a refresh or a new call of the Kiosk.
- During the first installation of the UEM Agent, if no Advanced Agent has been installed, a base inventory is sent to the server. This automatically registers the computer in Empirum. This is helpful if you roll out the UEM Agent via Silverback or Loginscript.
- The colors and window titles can be customized.
- 2017-12-22 Release 1712
- Postpone Logs now contain the information how many days the user is allowed to postpone (at the time of the action – may change due to new activations).
- The log to quit the maintenance mode by postponement of the user contains the cause and the planned end time.1712: Dynamic selection of the used local port. This was previously permanently configured to 8080.
- Display of all icons in the kiosk and postponement dialog. The separately delivered program ImageMerger creates two files on the Empirum Master Server which are used to display the icons. The UEM Agent copies them from the local EmpirumAgent Cache into the directory of the UEM Agent. Please read the instructions “Show program icons”.
- 2017-12-12 Release 1711 (published with Empirum 17.0.2)
- Postpone to a date as an option (requires Empirum 17.0.2)
- Users can postpone for a given time period
- User survey in Kiosk
- Language switch
- Global silent switch /S4 (best results with setup.exe from Empirum 17.0.2)
- 2017-10-23 Release 1710
- The installation window (formally known as Z-Dialog) is now also based on the new UI.
- The postponements are now based on days instead of the polling interval. This results in a clearer and easier to handle postponement. Regardless of the number of polling per day the user can postpone to the next day if at least one postponement is left.
- Software Management tasks will be performed combined to reduce the number of interferences to a minimum. If multiple packages are assigned the lowest amount of postponements will be presented to the user. If no postponement is left all currently activated tasks will be performed.
- 2017-09-29 Release 1709 (published with Empirum 17.0.1)
- The tray icon is in the new UEM color
- The Version information now also states the Release version of the UEM Agent (shipped version xyz). The technical file version will be different
- The versioning of the UEM Agent Windows package is aligned with the release date: 1707 for July 2017.
- The UEM Agent is part of the Universal Agent Framework and ERIS.exe is not a separate process anymore.
- All files are installed in the program files folder instead of WindowsSystem32Empirum folder
- The Software Kiosk is based on new user interface framework. It communicates via a local web service and SignalR with the Agent
- The UEM Agent can be installed with the Advanced Agent as a software package or via Agent Push (use the variable MX42_AGENT_PUSH_PACKAGE_FOLDER).
- A global silent parameter can be defined to run all installation in the same silent level. Please wee the documentation for details.
- A downgrade to the Advanced Agent is supported with Empirum 17.0.2 or higher
- Patch Management 17.0.x does not detect that the UEM Agent is installed. This is fixed with a hotfix for Empirum 17.0.1 and with 17.0.2
- Workaround: place the AgentConfig.xml in the %system32%Empirum folder.
- Inventory 17.0.0 Packages does not detect that the UEM Agent is installed. This is fixed with 17.0 Update 1.
- User parts will not be installed immediately on logon. They get installed with the next polling of the Agent.
- The UEM Agent Windows is provided as an exported Empirum Package. Imort in the EMC->Software Management->Depot; right click in the Packages Tab-> Import/Export->Import Packages..
- The installation or deployment of the Agent is described in the manual
PLEASE REPORT ALL PROBLEMS AND CHALLENGES DIRECTLY TO BETA_IM@MATRIX42.COM.
- Matrix42 Empirum v16.1.3 (see known issues with Patch Management and Inventory)
- Matrix42 Empirum 17.0.2 or newer
The pre-release documentation for this release can be found here:
- The documentation is located in the help folder within the UEM Agent Windows package folder
- EmpirumConfiguratorPackagesmatrix42UEM Agent Windowsxxxx.0Help