Matrix42 Replace Computer Tool (SDK Sample)
This tool is a useful C# example app using the Empirum SDK v1. Source code is provided with the package. Have you ever wanted to replace a computer which is assigned in many assignment groups? Want to add a computer which gets exactly the same software as an existing one? This is the tools you need. Replace a computer or add a new one to all the same groups as an existing one. Features:
- Adds a computer to all groups wehere an existing computer is assigned to
- Creates a new computer and adds it to all groups where an existing computer is assigned to
- Optionally activates the newly assigned computer for Software, OS and PXE
- Optionally removes the existing computer from all groups or Empirum
- Runs as a stand alone application or via command line
- Can be integrated into the external tools of the EMC
Help is available in the tool (press the ?) or via command line with /? The Empirum Package can be imported into the Depot. It uses variables within EMPIRUM_REPLACE_COMPUTER to write the connection information into the registry. Use EmpCrypt.exe for the password with AES256 encryption. The information is stored in the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwarematrix42Empirum CompReplace To use it in the EMC deploy the package to all computers which use the EMC and enter the following command: C:Program FilesMatrix42Replace ComputerEmpirum Replace Computers.exe /sourcecomputer %computername% The package can only be installed on 64bit Windows!
THIS IS A SAMPLE TOOL PROVIDED AS IT IS. IT IS NOT PART OF THE SUPPORT CONTRACT WITH MATRIX42. NO WARRANTY.
Client Management 2015 Update 03 (Empirum 16.0.3) or newer.
- February, 19 2016: Initial Release